75100385

I purchased my parents house 20yrs ago due to loan shark

Customer Question

hi,
I purchased my parents house 20yrs ago due to loan shark debts. the idea was for them to leave and rent somewhere else. they then said they will claim HB and due to trust issues I put the house up with a letting agent ,I confirmed with the CAB that you can rent to family who get HB. It now appears that they put the wrong information on the form stating they are not related ,am I liable for this as I did not know.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
I assume the Council are saying they have overpaid your parents?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes but also a fraud has been made on the form which I had no knowledge of. who will be prosecuted

Your parents not you. You didnt fill out and sign the claim form - they did. They claimed benefit.
You wont be prosecuted.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no thank-you

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.

If the system won’t let you please click reply.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/