75100385

Ryanair have a webpage called RYANAIR CAR HIRE which says FIND

Ryanair have a webpage called RYANAIR CAR HIRE which says FIND CHEAPER AND WE'LL REFUND DOUBLE THE DIFFERENCE.
I did and I have, but they claim that the repsonsibility is a third party which I was unaware I was using until I opened my car hire voucher in an email orignated by Ryanair car hire.
As this is nowhere in any small print I can see, questions are:
(1) Can they get away with this?
(2) even if so, what regulatory authority in the Republic governs web advertising claims, or is there a voluntary body like the ASA in the UK
(3) Does it make any difference the deal was expressed in sterling at a price for UK residents (i.e. does UK law apply?)
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.
The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. I also asked who regulates their claims on their website, the ASA or an Irish equivalent.
As you are referring me to UK courts, I assume you believe my contract is covered by UK law: so is the UK's ASA empowered to pressurise them, or is that only any use if Ryanair choose to play ball?
By the way, I think advertising the €36 fee as a "trust" payment is stretching matters when you took the money before providing an answer, and leave it up to me to reclaim it if I am not satisfied -- which I will be if you clarify the two points I asked above.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Yes UK law. I agree, I think the trust payment is not acceptable.
Does that help?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So (as twice previously asked) does the UK Advertising Standards Authority have any clout and/or is there an Irish equivalent?
I believe if they want to shift responsibility to a third party they should make this plain in their advertising, and I have been happy to punt €34 of the £40 I believe they owe me on your advice. When you say the "trust" payment is not acceptable, what exactly are you saying, that the people who employ you are also marketing their services misleadingly?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Yes the UK does on adverts placed or promoted in the UK. Irish: http://www.asai.ie/
The 'trust' payment is a good faith deposit, I was dictating and it looks like it thinks I said 'not'. Many customers simply say they will pay for an answer and don't which it is done that way round.
Do you have anything else to ask me?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** have answers to everything I originally asked, and I can understand a lot of people would not pay up once having got what they wanted. I am an hour ahead of you if you are on IRish or UK time and it is time I turned in or I will have the Austrian morality police wondering what I am doing up so late. I shall return to the website to rate your answers favourably, though I feel I should not have had to send two supplementaries to what were very clearly stated questions.
D
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
I am London time. I wish you luck against Ryan Air and let me know how you get on.