12826847

I purchased a home cinema system from Amazon which cost

Customer Question

Hi, I purchased a home cinema system from Amazon which cost me £600 on 23rd August 2013. A part of the system has failed and no longer works meaning i cant use anything that requires an internet connection as the Wifi part of the system no longer works.
Now iv been reading that under EU law Electrontics are protected under a 6 year warranty and the retailer either has to replace or repair the item if theres anything wrong with the product. So my questions are: 1) Is that law still valid? 2) If they dont accept
a replacment/repair can i ask for my money back? 3) If they still dont accept anything then should i go to the small claims court?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Can i just add that i also contacted LG Technical Support to get it repaired on the 3rd August 2015. I had a call from them on the 5th August and they said theres nothing they can do as its out of warranty. I have have a text message on my phone from LG Technical Support confirming they tried to call me back as i missed their first call.So if i was to do a small claim who would it be against, Amazon or LG?
Hello my name is Alex and I will help you.

Did the item have a warranty please and if so for how long?