13262538

I need help filling in forms to become a deputy

Customer Question

I need help filling in forms to become a deputy for property and affairs
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help youWhat would you like to know?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Clare. I have all the documents to fill in COP1 COP1a COP3 and COP4 but I am having trouble filling them in there are pages and pages

Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
I know there are - but just take each question at a time - and eventually you will find out that most of it requires entering exactly the same information in four or five placeswhich question are worrying you most
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

One of them is in section 3 of form COP1 - The person to whom this application relates. Is that me ???

Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
I know the language seems deliberately vague.No the application relates to the person you wish to act as deputy for.next?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Clare. What does it mean on section 5 People to be served with / notified of this application. Please give details of all respondents who are to be served with this application I don't understand this question either ???

Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
You need to give notice of the application to the five closest relatives - this could be you your siblings and any grandchildren - have you got siblings and children?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Claire. One brother

Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Do you both have adult children - if so how many?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Claire. No we don't have any children im also struggling to say why I am asking to be her deputy I know its because she is no longer has the capability to able to look after her own affairs but that does not sound right

Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

No that is exactly why you are applying - she is no longer able to to care of her finances or make decisions for herself and you need to be appointed as her Deputy in Order that you can do this.

Does your mother have any siblings - and if so do they have any children?