12826847

My wife and I are recieving pension credit, and LHA, our children

My wife and I are recieving pension credit, and LHA, our children are offering to pay for us to have holidays abroad, is this ok within regulation, and if yes how many weeks per year are we allowed
What do you mean by LHA please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you Jo for this reply, L H A is Local housing allowance, the amount depends on area rent levels. Graham
Ok.
How much are they thinking of giving you?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It is not a sum, so much as treating us to flights etc, as my wife and I are in our seventies, it would be nice to get some winter sun, and cut our uk heating bills, we believe we can go away for a maximum of 4 weeks per trip, with a maximum of 12 weeks per year, but I can not find reference on any pension credit web site, and it would be nice to have it in black and white
You do need to declare things like this to the DWP.
However, it is quite unlikely to make any difference. It would not make any difference to pension credit. It might impact upon housing benefit but not from the amounts you are describing.
These absences are not long enough to bring an end to housing benefits though. They allow you up to 13 weeks from the start of your tenancy.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you Jo. The 13 weeks allowed by housing benefit is that 13 weeks per year, not that we could go for that long but just want to get it strait in my mind Graham
Yes, 13 weeks a year.
It is not likely to come to that.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you Jo , and good night
No problem and all the best.
Please remember to rate my answer.
Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jomo1972’.