29905560

My Company are paying off staff i put in i am

Customer Question

My Company are paying off staff i put in for voluntary i am now on the sick due to going for a operation can i still be paid off i will be off for about 12 weeks
Hello, my name is***** am a solicitor on this site and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Do you think they will refuse your request and have they indicated this may be the case?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Ben
It has been accepted and my final day will be the 9th of October I received my letter today being first day of notice
The fact you are off sick should not aggressive your entitlement to voluntary redundancy. If you have made an application and it had been accepted the employer should now honour it and proceed with the redundancy as normal. If you are served with notice soon it would mean that you may be on sick leave for all or part of the notice period but it should not affect your remaining rights such as getting the redundancy payment you are due. So assume that everything is proceeding as normal. If they try and go back on the agreement you should consider raising a grievance to formally complain about it although I would hope it does not get to that as there is no reason they should go back on it just because you are off on sick leave.
I trust this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (selecting 3, 4 or 5 starts at the top of the page). If for any reason you are unhappy with my response or if you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you