75100385

I received a parking ticket in Amsterdam and I live in Northern

Customer Question

I received a parking ticket in Amsterdam and I live in Northern Ireland. I appealed it and they decided that I must pay it. I am disabled and on a low income. I can't afford to pay £377 in one lump some, but installments are only available to residents. I don't know what to do next
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Have they got a court judgment against you?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I don't think so. I just received the reply to my appeal from the Public Prosecutor and he/she has decided not to be lenient. In order to appeal again to the court I must pay the fine as security, which to me is defeating the purpose

Do you have a number we can speak on?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

my disabilities limit the time I can speak on the phone so I prefer typing,etc I hope that's ok

Sure. Then just pay by instalments, there is nothing they can do. At worst they can get a county court order for the uk and even then you could apply to pay by instalments.
So make the weekly. / monthly payments. There is nothing they can do.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

but they said I can't pay in installments as I'm not a resident. I applied online and apparently they send a letter to inform whether they will accept it. If it's not paid by Nov it goes up 200 euro then it goes up to 1200 euro

They can't discriminate against you on the basis of your nationality. That is against European law. They can't refuse.
You and they are in the EU.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ok I will figure out who to talk to about it then. This is all because I didn't know that people actually lease disabled spots in Amsterdam and the number on the disabled parking sign is actually their car registration number. Thank you

It's against EU law to discriminate against you so they can't!
Does that help?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok thank you

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?
If you have not done so already might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.
If you need more help please click reply.