12826847

My mother is currently terminally ill in hospital, she is

Customer Question

My mother is currently terminally ill in hospital, she is waiting to be moved into a care home, however social services are trying to place my mother into a home that is not in our local area and miles away from immediate family, this will result in her being completely isolated from her friends, family and local area. The social workers seem resilient to our request to move her closer to our local area. they mentioned that if we want to challenge the move then we need the Power of Attorney. Please advice.

where do we stand legally to prevent the move? my mother is a British citizen and has worked all her life until she was 74 years old. she has no estate, and no savings (she is now 80 years old)

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.