13262538

I am divorced years and my wife received 83% of the

I am divorced for eight years and my wife received 83% of the financial settlement so that she could buy a house for herself and my 2 children without debt. Now 8 years later she has wrung the benefits system dry of all the money she had been claiming for the boys as they are nearing 17 and 18 now, she plans to sell the house, and live from the proceeds, and the boys have now had to come a be resident with me. Can I go back to court on behalf of the boys for any share from the sale of the house.
I don't own a house and we are having to rent, which I can only just about afford. I wonder whether any monies can be held in trust for the boys and a house can be purchased in their name.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help youI am afraid that there is no basis on which you can now change the settlement that was made eight years ago.The children are nearly adults and the house is hers to do with as she wishes.I am very sorry to have to give you bad news - but there is no point in my misleading you in any way.Please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am aware that I cannot make an application due to the agreed settlement. I was asking whether the children can make an application.

Many Thanks

Sean

Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
My apologies - no I am afraid the children have no claim on the funds at allClare