75100385

Assault by beating and burglary

Customer Question

Hi, the case is going to crown court where the assault by beating and burglary will be dealt with at the same time.
I feel sad that it has come to this. What will happen to him if he is found guilty?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
-Could you explain your situation a little more?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi , my ex burgled my house whilst he was on bail. He had been charged with assault by beating prior to that. He broke bail and came into my house during the night whilst my children and I were asleep.
The police have charged him with burglary. He has claimed self defence and as has said not guilty to the burglary charge. Now the whole case is being dealt with in the crown court.
If he is found guilty what will happen to him? It's my baby boy's father and I'm upset about the thought of him going to jail.
P.s he only took a perfume and a few photos . I wasn't bothered anoyt the burglary as I thought he had a mental break down so when he was at the door In the morning I let him in .
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
What were the injuries? Did he try and take anything?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, sorry I hadn't realised you had messaged back. On the 3rd June he assaulted me next to my baby boy in the car on the motorway. He was charged with assault by beating. He was kept on bail. Then on the 1st of August, he came through the kitchen window and stole a perfume and some photos and documents and three them in the sea!! I didn't know until he came to my house at 8.30 am in the morning. He had been in the house at 3.30 am which I know because he had turned off my internet at that time and so he had cut off my communications for some reason. Me being an idiot thought he had a break down so I let him in. I allowed him to take my son to his mother's as I was trying to be kind. But he got caught by the police down the road with my son. He was put in a cell for 2 nights. He has claimed self defence to the assault and not guilty to the burglary which now means it has been escalated to the crown court. Basically he is saying I set him up for the burglary and it's my word against his even though the police and cps believe me.I have been informed that the burglary and assault are being dealt with at the same time. My ex has to go to crown court next week to make his plea there.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
What were the injuries?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
On my face. 2 black eyes, my nose was swollen, bruises under my chin, he was smacking my head on the car seat by grabbing my hair, cut lip, face looked a mess. He bit my wrist too. He had a scratch on his arm where when he went to smack me in the face I put my hand up to protect myself and his arm got scratched. There was a scratch one he back his neck aswell which I can't remember how he got that
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Is it assault even though he bit you?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It's been charged as assault by beating

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Is this his first burglary?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Do you want to give evidence?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. The starting point is a Community Sentence and therefore not custody. If he pleads guilty he gets a lesser sentence.
At most it would be 12-18 months but more likely a Community Order.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?
If you have not done so already might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.
If you need more help please click reply.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi just to let you know, he's pleaded guilty to the assault and two accounts of burglary. Relieved that I'm not having to go to court . They tried to bargain with dropping the assault and accepting the burglary but I refused and was willing to go. But instead, standing strong against this bully has shown him I won't take anymore abuse. I don't know what sentence he will get.

p.s I forgot to say he attacked me next to our baby and he burgled the house whilst me and my children were home at night whilst he was on bail.

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the update.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

What will be the likely outcome Alex? Without a doubt I want a restraining order in place.