ukfamilysolicitor
ukfamilysolicitor, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor Currently specialising in Family. Also experienced in Corporate, Employment, Civil Litigation, Debt Recovery
74916426

My daughter has been in a relationship which has broken down

Customer Question

My daughter has been in a relationship which has broken down and she has goods within the property with hp agreements and proof but her boyfriend has changed the locks
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 2 years ago.
Good Morning
Welcome to Just Answer
I am a Solicitor and will assist you.
Your daughter is entitled to her belongings.
Thank you for confirming this for me.
Your daughter should firstly write to her ex settling out that if the items are not returned then she will go to court - she should explain that she is giving him 14 days otherwise you will make an application to the court.
If he doesn't comply then she should issue proceedings in the county court.
To do this:
Complete form N1 and taking it to your local county court seeking return of the goods
http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf
The claim will then be issued by the court and a copy would be sent to your daughters ex. Your daughters ex would only have a limited time to defend your claim and if he didn't she could then enter judgement against him and seek enforcement.
Your daughter should attach the evidence to support your case when she submits her claim.
Once your daughter has obtained an order - If the judgment or order says the goods are to be returned to her - she should apply by sending to the court a "Request for Warrant of Delivery of Goods" Form N324.
No court hearing is necessary for this part - the court enforcement agent will contact her to fix an appointment to remove the goods.
Kind Regards
Caroline
Please kindly remember to rate positively. No credit is received for our work unless positive feedback is received.
Please kindly remember to rate positively - your question will not close and I can answer your follow up questions for free