ukfamilysolicitor
ukfamilysolicitor, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor Currently specialising in Family. Also experienced in Corporate, Employment, Civil Litigation, Debt Recovery
74916426

My son has booked a €1 holiday with Click & Go.com, the total

My son has booked a €1 holiday with Click & Go.com, the total of the holiday is €600, there is a further payment of €300 due tomorrow 4th October, he has spoken to the company as he really needs to cancel this trip, they are insisting that he has a legal contract & must pay, can you advise if there is any way out of this situation?, or what are the consequences if he dosen't proceed with the payment
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 2 years ago.
Welcome to Just Answer
I am a Solicitor and will assist you.
You son needs to check the terms and conditions of the holiday he booked.
There will be terms about cancelling the holiday and how much might need to be paid depending upon how much notice is given.
If your son doesn't comply then they could make a small claim against him for the amount.
If your son had insurance and the policy covers a reason that he has to cancel for - then perhaps he could claim the money back that way.
Kind Regards
Caroline
Please kindly remember to rate positively. No credit is received for our work unless positive feedback is received.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Caroline, When you say that they could make a small claim against him is this likely to be for the whole cost of the holiday €600 or part thereof?

They can only claim for the amount he should have paid by the time he gave the notice that he wanted to cancel and not the full amount of the holiday.
They could however also seek that your son pays the court fee.
Kind Regards
Caroline
Please kindly remember to rate positively