29905560

My wife (English to not her first language) was treated with

Customer Question

My wife (English to not her first language) was treated with verbal aggression by a bus driver . The driver's dispute was that my wife over rid her bus ticket and started to call her off the bus short of the bus stop she wanted.
This matter was reported and logged to the Police but will not take further action. By the my wife had paid the correct price for her journey.
My wife has reported it to the Bus Company and have received a letter from them saying the identified driver will be doubt with accordance to their company policy of customer service, but is unable to advice of the outcome of meeting.
Is there a legal case to be had ?
Hello, my name is***** am a solicitor on this site and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Did she actually have the correct fare for the journey?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes she paid the correct price for her journey. This was confirmed by the police and the bus company
Taking any legal action would be rather difficult in the circumstances. There is no direct claim that can be made, especially if she has not suffered any losses. You did report this to the police but they have decided not to take any further action. You cannot force them to take this further. You have also reported this to the company and they will deal with this as appropriate – they may discipline the driver if they feel it is necessary but you may not necessarily be told amount the outcome as it would be an internal matter and there is no obligation on them to keep you updated. Apart from these two options you cannot really take this any further – there is no claim you can make against the driver so I am afraid you have already done all you can to try and deal with this. I trust this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (selecting 3, 4 or 5 starts at the top of the page). If for any reason you are unhappy with my response or if you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you
Hello, I see you have read my response to your query. Please let me know if this has answered your original question or if you need me to clarify anything else for you in relation to this? If your query has been dealt with please take a second to leave a positive rating by selecting 3, 4 or 5 starts from the top of the page. If you need further help please get back to me on here and I will assist as best as I can. Thank you.