75100385

There I booked a villa via a well known villa-hiring

Hi there
I booked a villa for hols via a well known villa-hiring website, and paid a deposit. THis was back in Oct 2014. Then, days before we were due to go on hols in August 2015, it turned out that the vila had not been booked. It seems the websire had been hacked, so that when you hit the 'contact owner' button, it actually sent your email requesting the booking to the hackers. They then corresponded, and I consequently ended up sending the booking deposit to them.
How strong is my case for reimbursement from the website?
Colin
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.
The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If you have not done so already might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.