75100385

I've recieved a car tax fine from the Dvla, with a threat

Hi, I've recieved a car tax fine from the Dvla, with a threat of court if it's not settled in full within 2 weeks, the car has been on the road and had been sorn ed at the time, it's not a vehicle we usually use and was used in an emergency, however the fine document was not raised until 38 days after the alleged offense. I wondered if there was a time frame for these kind of things. Thanks Wes.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
There is a 6 month time limit for these. Sadly if you used it on the road, regardless of whether it was an emergency you should have car tax. You did not and therefore I am sorry to say you are liable for the fine.
I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If you have not done so already might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.