12826847

China has very recently banned 116 chemicals but many are

Customer Question

China has very recently banned 116 chemicals but many are legal in UK and are traded by many VAT registered companies in UK (although the laws will probably change soon). What would be the legality of having them sent from China to UK? Would it just be at the exporter's risk or could the importer get into any trouble even though they are legal in the receiving country? I don't see how it could be a problem but I'm not sure. This particular law came in overnight and hasn't been reported in the news for some reason (not to be found on google) and it wouldn't be reasonable to assume that buyers would know about the change in the legality in the sending country and the less scrupulous Chinese sellers would be keen to get rid of stock. I was told they are now class A drugs in China.

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?

Please understand it is rare for us not to be able to find the right Professional to assist our customers. We can close this question and return your good faith deposit to the original funding source on request.

Please let me know how you wish to proceed and again I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

I hope you will give JustAnswer a try again in the future,