75100385

I normaly used to pay my council tax rented flat

Hi, i normaly used to pay my council tax for my rented flat directly to my landlord (along with rent and water tax.) A new landlord/co. has now taken charge and requires me to pay my cncl. tax directly to the council. Would any unpaid cncl.tax by prev.landlord owed to cncl. be responsibility of A.prev. landlord B. new landlord or C.myself(i have receipts to show i have paid all cncl.tax up to new landlords arrival). I would also like to know how to check if anything is owed to cncl. Can you help please.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Do you have receipts to show it was direct for Council tax please? Do you have the Council tax account account number?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, yes i have handwritten receipts on headed paper from the old landlord dating back many months for rent, water tax and cncl. tax. i am also aware of the old landlords council tax bill account, and the new landlords .
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Ok - then you dont need to worry you would not be liable. You simply speak with the Council and amend the name on the Council Tax bill to you from the date you take over.
Does that help?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, thank you, that`s a load off my mind, neither old nor new landlords have been particularly communicative or informative, so i needed to get things clarified. thank you.