Jenny
Jenny, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor specialising in Employment Law and general legal matters. Please start your question For Jenny Only
32019188

Bought a car under the garage warranty things kept

Customer Question

bought a car under the garage warranty for 6months things kept going wrong not fixed told to keep coming back in the end asked for my money back they said ok would put said funds into bank account signed all paper work over to them and still no payment they have my car but no refund
Expert:  Jenny replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. Is this a used car?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes
Expert:  Jenny replied 2 years ago.
Hi if you rejected the car within a reasonable amount of time you have a right to a refund. If they have agreed to refund you then they should have done so.
You should now send a letter before action giving them 7 days to issue a full refund into your account and say that if it is not paid you will have no alternative but to raise a claim in the County Court.
Hopefully that will concentrate their mind. If it does not you will be able to raise a claim at www.moneyclaim.gov.uk
If you have any further questions please do ask. If I have answered your question I would be grateful if you would take the time to rate my answer. Thank you and all the best.