13262538

Is stepfather a position of trust as defined by UK consent

Customer Question

is stepfather a position of trust as defined by UK sexual consent laws?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Hi Thank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help youMay I ask the background to the question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm accused of sexual assault and gross indecency by my estranged wife with my stepdaughter between the age of 13 and 16.
This never happened but there was some sexual intimacy between the age of 17 and 18. The daughter has changed the time frame so as to remove herself from any responsibility and has told her mother when my wife and I attempted a reconciliation. I haven't admitted to anything but i'm worried if I don't that their version of event s will be believed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Clare, I've run out of time and have to log off.
Will you please email your answer to***@******.***.
Many thanks.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry but it is not a matter of your being in a position of Trust - it is about your being a stepfather.

it is S25 of the Sexual offences Act 2003

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2003/42/part/1/crossheading/familial-child-sex-offences