Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

I took out a loan with a company called factfocus ltd.they

hello I took out a loan with a company called factfocus ltd.they had my property deeds as security.on completion of the loan aggreement in 1988 they did not return my deeds.i tried to trace them but didn't get anywhere.how do I go about getting a copy of them and do I need them to sell my house.
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 2 years ago.

Hello and thanks for using Just Answer.

My name is ***** ***** am happy to assist you with your enquiry.

Do you know if your property is registered at the Land Registry? If you do not know, I can do a search at the Land Registry for you , but I would need your address and postcode.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Al

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

property is registered

*****

hathershaw

oldham

Thanks Harold.

Well, the good news is that as your Deeds are registered, they are now stored electronically at the Lnd Registry. Therefore, whenever you come to sell, your Solicitor will have to apply for up to date copies via the Land Registry website and he would not need to see any "original Deeds" as such to proceed with your Sale.

However, Factfocus may have registered a Charge against the property when the loan was taken out in 1988 and if so, you will need ot check that this Charge has now been removed from your Land Registry title. You can do this quite easily by going on the Land Registry website and requesting a copy your Deeds (called "Official Copies").

Any Charges registered against the property will be shown in the Charges Register.

I hope this assists you and answers your question.

Kind Regards

Al

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

there is a charge on the property.how do I get it removed.i have all the payment slips on the loan.

Hi Harold,

You will need them to remove their Charge.

I have checked on Companies House website and they appear to be still trading and their registered office is-

FACTFOCUS LIMITED
LAKE VIEW
LAKESIDE
CHEADLE
CHESHIRE
SK8 3GW
Company No. 01402330

If you have no joy, you are probably best ot get a Solicitor to write a registered post letter to them.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards

Al

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

would you be able to sort this out for me.

Hi Harold,

I am afraid we are only a question and answer site, so you would need to get in touch with a Conveyancing Solicitor local to you.

Sorry.

Kind Regards

Al