13262538

My ex husband lives permantly abroad in France and pays

Customer Question

My ex husband lives permantly abroad in France and pays his income tax in France
He is paid by a UK company into a UK bank but has a an NT tax code
I have been told that due to the fact he is a non uk resident not paying tax in UK that I am unable to get Money through the CSA
Is this correct?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HIThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you.I am afraid that you it is correct that you cannot use the CSA - however you can still claim Child Maintenance - you simply have to do so via the courtsIf he does not pay you will be able to attach his earnings so that the company pay you before they pay him.I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how long normally would it take to get a court order such as this ?
Can I get legal aid ?
And in the end if he still doesn't pay how do I enforce it - and again how long would this take ?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

I am afraid that legal Aid is no longer available for these cases.

The applictaion is likely to take between three and six months - and you will be able to enforce it by getting his company to deduct the money from his wages - likely to take a further couple of months