29905560

My wife has recently moved from a design consultancy job where

Customer Question

My wife has recently moved from a design consultancy job where she worked for several years with no written employment contract. She worked 4 days a week. She was approached by a Client directly and asked if she could d a small piece of work (which firms of her size would not take on as it was not economical for them to do so) on her days off. Her previous employer has now come back to her and said this was not allowed under her contract and is willing to take legal action to recover loss of revenue and damages to the company. Given that there was never a written contract supplied or verbal agreement on exclusivity can he do this? If he is relying on implied terms then is it also relevant that the Employer also directed his staff to do private jobs on his behalf using the company facilities and intellectual property for his own gain and paying the wages through the company?
Thanks. Jamie.
Hello, my name is***** am a solicitor on this site and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Has he actually said what contract specifically he is referring to if there was nothing in writing?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The ex-employer is referring a contract of employment. he has stated that even in the absence of a written employment contract my wife is (was) bound to comply with an implied duty of fidelity.

Thank you for your response. I will review the relevant information and will get back to you as soon as possible. Please do not respond to this message as it will just push your question to the back of the queue and you may experience unnecessary delays. Thank you