Jenny
Jenny, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor specialising in Employment Law and general legal matters. Please start your question For Jenny Only
32019188

This could be my last way of tracing following. 2 years

Customer Question

this could be my last way of tracing following. 2 years ago I worked for a company called lock it down security ltd ebbw vale. I have gone thro all due legal process using hing addrecs I am owedover £1000. but as hcs or myself cannot find a trading address. a thought I had that if I could find a director on voters roll, then baliffs could use that.i have looked at companies house, lids are not in great shape. director stuart reeve. I believe to be in the Tredegar area. I have all paperwork here to prove I have gone thro due process. to add a little more pressure , I was told 5 months ago I have terminal cancer. and as I have only a small life ins policy. monies owed by lids. will top up nicely an cover my funeral expenses.
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. What would you like to know about this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what choices are left open to me /
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
Does the company that you worked for still exist? Why did they fail to pay you?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
as faras i am aware they are stilll tradinng.i was invited to ebbw vale a year last feb for a disc hearing. and left aith assurannce that my final invoice would be paid.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
they are not in good shape. but look at companies house
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
Just a basic internet search shows a trading address for them. http://www.118118.com/ebbw-vale/category/40068923-lock-it-down-security-services-ltd.html
You need to send a letter before action to that address saying if they do not pay within 7 days you will claim against them.
You can then lodge a claim for the amount you are owed at money claim online. www.moneyclaim.gov.uk
You should do this as soon as you can.
If you have any further questions please do ask. If I have answered your question I would be grateful if you would take the time to rate my answer. Thank you and all the best.
Jenny, Solicitor
Experience: Qualified Solicitor specialising in Employment Law and general legal matters. Please start your question For Jenny Only
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i have been thr ALL due legal process. but cannot find a trading adress
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
So you have already lodged a claim?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes, all due legal processhave been followed , but neen a trading address for baliffs to serve........ hence if directors could be found on local electoral roll.then baliffs could servethere,
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
So is there no one available at the address that they purportedly trade from?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
whooppee.. took your time............ this service does notlook sound. and will not continue
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
It can be difficult to fully ascertain the question on an internet question site. It wasn't clear whether you were saying you couldn't find a trading address. You did not actual say you had tried to serve on a particular address.
Would you like me to continue?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok. i need must find trading adress then i can instruct high court baliffs
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i must go out for an hour. i do hope that you will have come up with an idea. i do not mind paying.but for concrete info, thank you
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
You are in a very difficult position. If there is no one available to accept service at the registered address at companies house it is difficult for you to take further action.
Your claim is against the employer (the company) not the individual directors as company laws protect directors except in limited circumstances (which would not include non payment of wages).
If you have not already done so you could attempt to engage the services of a specialist tracing service, but this could be throwing good money after bad and may not achieve the desired result. This is particularly the case if the employer has been unscrupulous and is trading under a new company name.
I am sorry but the reality is that you will find it very difficult to recover this money. I know this is not what you want to hear but it would be unfair for me to tell you otherwise.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
unless i can getanyfresh ideas how too trace, i will go no further with this service as it
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
Ok no problem, the question you asked is what can I do about this. Sadly the answer is sometimes that there is nothing further you can do and that you may not ever recover the money.

I know you do not want me to tell you that but it is the reality.

Good luck with it.