75100385

I have just received a letter from a company called Daniels

Hi, I have just received a letter from a company called Daniels and Silverman regarding a credit card debt from Saudi Arabia from the year 2000 some 15 years ago, I have had no correspondence at all, ever, the company I worked for was a Saudi company and were the guarantors for my debts, this is the first letter I have ever recieved and they are demanding immediate payment, I was on the understanding that once 7 years has passed with no correspondence the debt can not be collected
Could you please help
Many thanks Jonathan.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Did it say that the debt could be enforced in the UK in the terms and conditions 7 years ago?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No it just says that they have been instructed to collect the money on behalf of the Saudi British bank and to pay in full in 7 days to avoid further action
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Ok - its not enforceable so dont worry. They will tell you that it is, but it is not.
There is no agreement between Saudi and the UK to enforce Judgments and unless the contract was governed by UK they cant enforce it here. They are just trying to scare people.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Alex
Just one more, even if it was enforceable is it possible after 15 years many thanks Jonathan.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
No. 6 years as per Limitation Act 1980.
ALex