75100385

My wife was diagnosed with an inoperable terminal cancer. She

Customer Question

My wife was diagnosed with an inoperable terminal cancer. She was having difficulty climbing stairs so we moved quickly into a bungalow with most of our possessions.
We contacted the mortgage company to explain the situation, and suggested surrender of property to them and requested time to collect the rest of our belongings. They suggested 28 days. We agreed.
We signed the 'Surrender of Property Form' which required us to send it to them and send the keys by separate cover by registered post immediately. I returned the form and a covering note saying that my wife had been taken to hospital as an emergency and this had delayed my plans for clearing the house and I would send the keys as soon as possible.
We are not in arrears. There is no court order against us.
The locks were changed, eletricity and water cut off and drained. A repossession notice was placed in the window. No notice was given. While this was happening neighbours were allowed into the house and items stolen.
We have cleared the house in 16 days.
It seems that pre-action protocols were not observed.
Is the way this repossession was carried out illegal?
Does this constitute breaking and entry?
Given my wife's illness, she has been admitted as an emergency to hospital 3 times since diagnoses, due to the effects off chemo. I have a heart condition that has seen me taken as an emergency to hospital 14 times by by ambulance. Do we have grounds to claim compensation for the massive amount of stress the mortgage company's actions have placed upon us
Regards *****
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi NicolaI am ok to wait for an answer.
Thank you for your efforts.Malcolm
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
How much do you want to claim please?
Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My wife has been ill which has delayed my response to you. What I did not include in my original message was that I had a heart attack some years ago that left me with unstable angina. A dangerous form of angina, which saw me being taken by ambulance to intensive coronary care 14 times in 16 years. I have 3 stents in my artery. On the day the locks were changed I was so angry that I thought I was going to explode. This brought on 2 angina attacks and I had to use my nitrate spray. I used it a further 3 times that day to ward off angina. Medical advice I have received, advised me to avoid stressful situations even working in my own business.This recent episode could have caused a heart attack possibly a fatal attack!I want to claim as much compensation as possible for the hell they have put my wife and I through. The day the locks were changed she was in hospital having a chemo session.Regards ***** ***** Tel: 01544 599379
Do you have a number and time we can chat on?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Anytime between now 6.00 p.m. Today or I will be home all day on Monday. My telephone number is ***** 599379.Regards Malcolm
Calling now.