Jenny
Jenny, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor specialising in Employment Law and general legal matters. Please start your question For Jenny Only
32019188

Filed a claim in 2008 at Burnley County Court, I won judgement

Filed a claim in 2008 at Burnley County Court, I won judgement the defendant didn't turn up at the court, the debt was never paid is it too late to try & recover the money?
Regards *****
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. If he CCJ dates to 2008 then unfortunately it is unlikely it is enforceable due to the Limitation Act.
Under the Limitation Act judgements need to be enforced within 6 years of the date of the judgement or they are unenforceable.
I realise that this is not the answer you were hoping for but it would be unfair for me to give you false hope.
If you have any further questions please do ask. If I have answered your question I would be grateful if you would take the time to rate my answer. Thank you and all the best.