Jenny
Jenny, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor specialising in Employment Law and general legal matters. Please start your question For Jenny Only
32019188

IS IT POSIBBLE TOSECURE COMPENSATION HAVING SUFFERED A LOSS

Customer Question

IS IT POSIBBLE TOSECURE COMPENSATION HAVING SUFFERED A LOSS BY FRAUD
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. Please can you explain your situation in more detail?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

this question invloves my son and his freind.

they are both deaf and married.

my son's freind was best man at my son's marriage

I include this informstion to give some background.

thestory strts me years after the marriage when my son' freind and his wife were unable to conceive a child.

Thyey took steps to obtain a surrogate mother.

the provider of the surrogtae said he could arrange it but there was a cost involved andhe needed payment up front, this man took the money but did not come up with the goods.

Thisprovider was charged and served sometime in prison. I believe my son's freind thought he would get some compensation from the fraudster but this was not to be

My son's freind then decided to take s loan unti lhe got his

fianances under control the losn company insisted on a reference. My son signed a document as a reference and now he is being treated as a guarantor and is being asked by the loan company to pay his friend's debt.

I trust this is suffuicient information to get you interested

You may contact me by telphone for more information but you cannot speak to my son or his freind by telephone because of their deafness

My home number is *****(###) ###-####and Mobile 0777(###) ###-####/p>

Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
How long ago did they pay the surrogate provider?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I DO NOT KNOW THE DATE BUT T WILL GET IT IN A FEW DAYS

IS THERE A TIME LIMIT ON THIS PROCEDURE??

BRIAN

Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
Hi yes I would envisage that you may be able to bring a claim on breach of contract/ breach of agreement. Such a claim has a statutory limitation period of 6 years.
Hope that helps.
If you have any further questions please do ask. If I have answered your question I would be grateful if you would take the time to rate my answer. Thank you and all the best.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

THIS HAPPENED ABOUT THREE YEARS AGO NO ACTION WAS TAKEN WHILE THE PERPRETATOR WAS IN PRISON

Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
In that case you can take action. You need to write to the perpetrator to say that they were in breach of contract by failing to meet their side of the agreement and say that if they do not respond and refund the money that was paid in 7 days you will have no alternative but to raise a claim.

You can then raise a claim online using the form you will find at www.moneyclaim.gov.uk

All the best with this.