12826847

My son was involved in a n accident, he was riding a 125 scooter

Customer Question

My son was involved in a n accident, he was riding a 125 scooter and a 15 year old pedestrian was riding on the road on a childs scooter in the dark, whist boy tried to put phone in pocket he lost control and fell in path of my son, my son swerved hitting the boys leg, coming off his scooter and damaging his bike to the cost of £1,600 as boy was not insured can we get any help from parents to help pay for my sons bike so we dont have toclaim off ins and loose all no claims and premium go through the roof? Regards sharon_milton
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
This boy was riding in the road I presume?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes 10.30 at night
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
You do have a claim against the boy's parents essentially on the basis of negligence in that they failed to control him. It is fair to say that such a claim is harder to bring with an autonomous young person than with a five-year-old as parents can only be expected to do what is reasonable.
However, if they are unwilling to pay then your only option is to sue at the Small Claims Court. That is fairly easy to do and cheap enough but you will have to do it.
In principle, this shouldn't be any difficulty as this boy was riding on a public road without lights and those actions caused the accident.
Of course, you do face the risk that they will lie through their teeth and bring some counterclaim on the basis of personal injury but that is a risk you face with any action.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How wowuld i go about a claim at small claims court?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Do you have his address?

Don't give it to me but do you have it?