75100385

I am seeking advice regarding a CCJ on my record. The dispute

Customer Question

I am seeking advice regarding a CCJ on my record. The dispute is unusual, the debt was correct. The disagreement is regarding the payment date. I tried to pay the CCJ within the time scale to have it removed once paid. However my mortgage supplier paid it to. I rang for a refund of either my money or halifaxs so I did not pay twice. Once the refund came through the balance was paid, three days after the date. I now have a crippling CCJ on my record for £700. I want help removing it, as the only reason it was not paid within the timescale was down to hallifax, and the court
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Please let me know whether the other side would agree to it being cancelled?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have not tried this yet, as I thought the county court would pass me to the issuer, which was council which owns my block of flats (the charge was ground rent). Is this an option, should I ring the court?
Ok. You should see whether the creditor would agree. If so then you can agree that it is paid and can be called. If the creditor agrees then that is easy for you,
If not then you can apply to set aside using form n244. But sadly there is a court fee of £155. So see if the other side will agree to have it cancelled and the court can give you a certificate of cancellation which is far cheaper than the £155 fee
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.

If the system won’t let you please click reply.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/