75100385

My dogs have been impounded by a non council warden and she

my dogs have been impounded by a non council warden and she wants to charge me 300 pounds release fee is this legal ?
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Have they been given a contract to do this by the council please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi as far as I have researched they are not council dog wardens that is a lady called sue knight. I do believe the police called normandale kennels
Ok. So they have no legal power. They can't charge you in that case. Whilst it is not illegal you could certainly seek a court order for the return.
You would need to ask them for the dog or say you will seek a court order. If they refuse then you can issue a claim on form n 208
http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n208-eng.pdf
And n16a
The court will list the matter for hearing and decide whether to make them give you the dog back.
Alex.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks you've been a great help.
Good luck.
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.
If the system won’t let you please click reply.
Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/