13262538

My ex has moved far away from me and last 18 months

My ex has moved far away from me and for the last 18 months he has been coming to collect him for visitation every other weekend but now he has lost his driving licence for driving with no insurance and now demanding that I take the child to him! He is threatening me with solicitors and court and all sorts! Thing is I don't drive so don't have any form of transport of getting the child to him! He doesn't pay any money towards for the child so I can't even use that money for public transport! Where do I stand??
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is***** shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first.How old is the child and what has the pattern of Contact been until now?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Child is 3 years old and the pattern has been every other weekend
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He would drive up collect the child and drop him back off afterwards
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
How far away has he moved?is there a train service?Does he work?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's about 120 miles away. I believe there is a train service and yes he does work.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you still there?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
My apologies for the delayWhy does he not pay Child Maintenance - have you applied to the CSA (now CMS)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have applied now I always wanted it to be s mutual agreement for maintainance but always getting let down
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
I am glad to hear that you have applied to the CSA - there is no excuse for his not paying.Equally since he is the one who has moved away AND his current transport problem is of his own making it is unreasonable of him to be making demands and threats in this way.It is clear that you are doing your best to promote a regular pattern of Contact for the sake of your child - which is all that you are required to do.Offer to meet at your local Railway Station provided he pays your bus fares each time (in addition to your maintenance).If he still takes the matter to court this will be seen as a very reasonable offer - and your ex will either have to accept it - or not see the child.I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further detailsClare