29905560

I am a builder, I have had to walk off site due to the manor

Customer Question

I am a builder, I have had to walk off site due to the manor which the customer treated me, there was no contract it wAs on a day rate, is there anything the customer can do, he is threatening legal action
Hello, my name is***** am a solicitor on this site and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. What is he threatening legal action for exactly?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
As I couldn't finish the job, he set unrealistic targets of what he wanted achieving, it would never have been possible
Has he lost money as a result?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No, it's in there home, so no money is lost, he I fat owes me 2 days labour
He cannot sue you unless he has suffered losses. He cannot penalise you for walking off site if that has not resulted in any losses on their part. For example, if you had walked off and some important work was left unfinished and they had to get someone in at short notice to complete it and that cost them extra money, that is a potential cost they can try and recover. However, in the circumstances it appears they have not suffered any losses or damages and without these they cannot make a claim against you. So whatever they are saying is likely to be empty threats. I would not be too concerned about these claims and you should maintain that you were left with no other option but to leave and that your actions have not resulted in any losses for them so no claim can be made against you anyway.
I trust this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (selecting 3, 4 or 5 starts at the top of the page). If for any reason you are unhappy with my response or if you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you
Hello, I see you have read my response to your query. Please let me know if this has answered your original question or if you need me to clarify anything else for you in relation to this? If your query has been dealt with please take a second to leave a positive rating by selecting 3, 4 or 5 starts from the top of the page. If you need further help please get back to me on here and I will assist as best as I can. Thank you.