ukfamilysolicitor
ukfamilysolicitor, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor Currently specialising in Family. Also experienced in Corporate, Employment, Civil Litigation, Debt Recovery
74916426

I have paid law services to a person online

Customer Question

I have paid for family law services to a person online that claimed to work as charity and said at the begininng that I would not be charged more than £500 for the whole case service that I neede help with. Afterwards he has persuaded me to pay him more money for various documents that needed to be done, such as legal notice, specific performance order etc (family law) I have paid around £1700 altogether but only legal notice was done by him and nothing else and the legal notice cost around £300. He is now refusing to give me money back and is not replying to my emails. Where can I go with it?
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to Just Answer
I am a Solicitor and will try and assist you.
Please may I ask - was the person you paid money to a solicitor? If not - please detail if the person is trading as an individual / company?
Kind Regards
Caroline
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

This is his website. And this is his name and titles:

Prof. Zaki E.

Phd-Law (Wales)

LLM (Hull, England)

LLB (Hons)

Law Acedamic Author

Head Student Advisor, OLT

Doesn't sound like he's a Solicitor - does he say any where that he is a member of a professional body? Law society? Ilex?
Are the agreements that you made in relation to payment and what services would be provided in writing? By email?
Has he done any work?
Kind Regards
Caroline
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Everything was done via email. I can send you all the emails if you wish?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

He has written a legal notice that he said would cost £350. Everything else he has charge me for but no work was done.

Thank you for your responses.
Given that he doesn't appear to be a member of a professional body - your going to have to issue a small claim. The emails you have will form your contract with him.
Do you know his address for service? Or have you only got his email?
Kind Regards
Caroline
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

This is his website http://www.rightlegaladvice.co.uk .

I don't know his address. I have his email and telephone number.

Says he works for free?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes. Later on he said that everything would cost me £500 - all case service. Later he changed it and he said a few times that it was all the cost and that I would not have to pay any more after that, but he kept changing it.

You do need to issue a small claim for his non performance although I am concerned that you need his address to issue a claim and you don't have one. Your best instructing a trace agent to get an address for him.
When you get his address send a letter before claim - give this 14 days then - then issue a claim. Form N1. To local county court. Attach all your emails re payment for services. If he doesn't respond to your claim enter Judgment then seek enforcement.
Kind Regards
Caroline
Positive feedback gratefully received.

I have a look online to try and find some further information out about this man but I am sorry I cant locate an adress for you. You really do need to consider instructing a trace agent to find an address so you can issue a small claim.

On further consideration - I think you should also consider contacting the police to see if they consider that fraud may have been committed. Whilst criminal law isn't may area of expertise - it does concern me that all the references on his website are about it being 'free' and he refers to himself as a charity. This is somewhat at odds with how he has treated you.

Kind Regards

Caroline