29905560

Which organisation should I contact regarding compensation

Which organisation should I contact regarding compensation for a medical accident? I contacted one of the firms advertising on TV and was advised that they work only on cases that fall within a three-year window. Does the three-year window apply to all compensation claims?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** am a solicitor on this site and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. What was the nature of the injury and when did it occur?
Please note that due to the late hour I am going offline shortly and may not be able to reply until the morning, thanks
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, not sure if you saw my initial query above - What was the nature of the injury and when did it occur?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: No answer yet.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, you have not yet received an answer because I am still waiting for a response to my initial query, posted twice above - please check and get back to me and then I can assist you, thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

An operation to repair a disc injury in 1993. My wife underwent numerous investigative surgical procedures (including another disc operation) to ascertain why she continued to experience no relief from the continuous, severe pain.

In 2000 a neurosurgeon said that the nerve had been damaged by "heavy-handed surgery".

Only morphine gives any form of pain relief. She has been using a wheelchair since the late 90's and is now virtualy house-bound. I have kept contemporaneous notes since 1993.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

For reasons that I don't yet understand,I am not receiving your messages.

I answered your query dated 27 October on the same day (27 October). The note from Justanswer says that I should receive an e-mail, but have received nothing.

Please advise.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, apologies for some reason your posts was not communicated to me either so I had no idea you were waiting for a response. To answer your query, there is actually a legal limitation period of 3 years for negligence claims that result in a personal injury. So it is not that you have chosen a firm which only deals with cases that fall within a 3-year window – this is the legal limit, not one that the firm chooses to apply. So regardless of what fir you approach, you cannot legally make the claim any more because you are out of time to claim. This means that a court will not accept your claim because you are outside of the time limit to claim. I'm sorry if this is not necessarily the answer you were hoping for, however I do have a duty to be honest and explain the law as it actually stands. This does mean delivering bad news from time to time. I hope you understand and would be happy to provide any further clarification if needed. If you are still satisfied with the level of service you have received I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating by selecting 3, 4 or 5 starts at the top of the page. Thank you
Experience: Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I see you have read my response to your query. Please let me know if this has answered your original question or if you need me to clarify anything else for you in relation to this? If your query has been dealt with please take a second to leave a positive rating by selecting 3, 4 or 5 starts from the top of the page. If you need further help please get back to me on here and I will assist as best as I can. Thank you.