12826847

My brother is a council

Customer Question

My brother is a council tenant with a secure tenancy in central London and does not wish to leave his flat. My brother has learning difficulties and does not drive.
We have jointly inherited property in a semi rural area which requires a car. The property is legally occupied by the deceased's partner for his lifetime. When the partner passes away, will my brother have to vacate the council property? What options are available to allow him to stay in his flat?
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Just to be clear, has there already been one succession on the tenancy?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hello, there has one succession on the council tenancy - it was my brother who succeeded the council tenancy when my mother passed away over 5 years ago. Thus he has been a secure tenant for more than 5 years.
Ok, so your brother has the tenancy now?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes, only my brother has the council tenancy.
We jointly inherited property in a rural area, this is held as joint tenants. The inherited property is occupied by the deceased's partner for his lifetime. I need options for my brother to remain in his council flat, once the current occupier of the inherited property passes away. I hope this is clear.
Is your brother living in it?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes,, he lives in the council flat in central london and wishes to stay because he has friends in the area and does not drive.
The inherited property is in a semi rural area and requires a car.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
p.s. I am writing on his behalf because he has learning difficulties
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am leaving the office now and no longer have access to internet.
You can formulate the entire answer and send it to me tomorrow morning. Thank you.
I dont understand what the current occupier has to do with anything?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Current occupier of inherited property means that my brother cannot live there. In fact he wishes to remain in his council flat.
Can you please give me the options that my brother has to remain in his council flat once the current occupier of inherited property passes away? If this is not possible because question is too complex, i would like my deposit back. Thank you.
Ok. I understand now. Brother lives in a Council property and another property has been inherited by you and your brother?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes, that is correct.
However, I am not satisfied with the service and would like a refund as enquiry is too lengthy. Please refund my deposit of 39 euro. I do not wish to be put in touch with another expert. Thank you.