12826847

Lloyds Bank transfer. Transfer done in bank personally. Transfer

Customer Question

Lloyds Bank transfer. Transfer done in bank personally. Transfer of funds was to a fraudulent account. Transfer done on the 5th Oct. Funds into fraudulent account of Halifax on the 6th Oct. Halifax informed me on the 8th Oct that this transfer was possibly a fraudulent account. As this transfer was done by my bank, with my permission, should this have been flagged up at the time and as such should I be eligible for recompence? Lloyds told me that my £2200 was lost and I could not expect any refund. I have sent details to the police fraud report. I have copies of all email's leading up to the transaction which include email address, bank account number and sort code. The CEO called Amazon Payment facility (fake) and the original advert from caravan sales who initially sent the fake seller my first email questions.
Hello my name is Alex and I will help you.

Are you saying they knew at the point of transfer it was fraudulent ?