75100385

My partner stupidly has received a court summons as he did

hi my partner stupidly has received a court summons as he did not tax his vehicle, the fines went to his old address so he did not receive these warnings as the re direction rang out and he stupidly was working away at the time and forgot to change his address, he has a £80 fine for non tax and two £80fines for been caught by off road cameras, and now a court summons, how do we go about dealing with this please?
kind Regards
emma
Hello Emma my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
When did he find out about this please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
He received the first fine on the 1st April 2015, he picked up the letters from the old address 4th October 2015
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Kind RegardsEmma
Has he already been fined by the court or is it a summons asking if he wants to plead guilty?
Did he not change his address on the Dvla documents?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
he has received a summons for court on the 23rd October, and no unfortunately not, he must think fairies do it, insurance is at new address but tax old address, tax renewed for 6 months at old address October 2013 when living there, then moved to new address January 2014 and insurance was due so he did a renewel for insurance at new address and completely forgot about the tax
Ok. It sounds like he needs to plead guilty to this.,from what you have said he accepts they see not taxed. If he moved then he should also have notified the Dvla which is a separate offence if not.
If he pleads guilty he will get a fine. It's not recordable so won't get a criminal record. He will also get a third discount in any fine if he pleads guilty.
He needs to plead guilty by post if it allows him or attend on 23 October.
Can I clarify anyhing for you about this today please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
He has to attend court on the 23rd so i have told him to plead guilty, also will or would it be any benefit with regards ***** ***** fine that he be able to explain circumstances to the court due to a split and having to leave that property.
He can say but it won't make any bearing on the fine sadly. It's mitigation but nothing more.
Does that help?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes thats great that thank you

Best Regards

Emma