12826847

I have a question about GMC erasure following a fitness to

i have a question about GMC erasure following a fitness to practice decision - the gmc website will display the name of the doctor and they have been erased - what happens after 5 years have elapsed, does that record remain there indefinitely or is the doctor and his record removed ?
Sorry, you mean on GMC records? Obviously it isn't displayed.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i mean when someone searches for the doctor via the GMC website using his/her GMC number there will be a record of the doctor and it says that he/she has been erased - i am assuming this will be the case for the 5 year period following erasure, but what happens after that - is the record still present or is it removed ?
If his name is ***** ***** the register in five years then this will not show.
It will obviously still be on GMC records that this has happened but it will not be front facing visible to the public.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Jo, the question is if the name is ***** ***** after 5 years i.e. the doctor does not ask for it to be restored, does it continue to be publicly displayed on the website or is the name of the doctor completely removed as in when someone searches for him/her, there will be no such registration - it just seems to me that if the record continues beyond the 5 years of erasure then its a form of continuous never-ending punishment
No, they shouldn't display it.
Obviously they will store it and if such a person tries to practice without GMC registration there are other regulatory proceedings.