12826847

There I have been trying to get a client to pay their bill,

Hi there
I have been trying to get a client to pay their bill, they are now saying they will only deal via their solicitor however they will not give their solicitor details for us to contact until we build our 'case' and send it to their registered office (their accountant) first. How can I take this further??
Kate Richens
how much do they owe?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I just wanted to know where I stand legally as they will not give their solicitors details but only want to deal via solicitors? Surely they can't do that?

It depends. How much do they owe?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

£1000

Are you prepared to sue them?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

it depends, at the moment I don't believe they have a solicitor and I think they are stalling

Yes, they probably are.For a sum of this amount there is no point in discussing this with solicitors anyway.Just send then one letter giving them 14 days to pay. Make clear that if they do not you will sue and seek costs and interest against them.If they do not then issue here www.moneyclaim.gov.uk this is a small claims court sum and so they will not use solicitors. The question is whether you want to continue to negotiate or whether you are prepared to sue. It does damage business to sue obviously but I have found generally that the business of flaky payers is not worth having. You are better off sitting at home on the Xbox than working for people who don't pay or don't pay on time. Can I clarify anything for you?Jo
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you very much for your help, and service.

Kate

No problem and all the best.
Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jo C’. You can also bookmark my profile http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-remus2004/