75100385

My girlfriend and I had a romantic long weekend at a hotel

Customer Question

My girlfriend and I had a romantic long weekend at a hotel and stayed three days to celebrate her birthday. On the final days stay we made love and she had a powerful orgasm, meaning that she gushed a little on the bed. The hotel called me later that day to say that they were going to charge us £300 (!) As they had to replace the mattress.
Now (1) The wet area wasn't that large so we feel that they are exaggerating the damage but obviously can't prove that now (2) It isn't technically urine so can they charge us for it? (3) The cost seems exorbitant.
Understandably my girlfriend is embarrassed and horrified, expecially with the aggressive stance that the hotel have taken. Do we need to pay the £300 or are they chancing their arm? If things go legal can we counter claim damages from them because of the embarrassment? Please help!
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
For now please let me know whether their terms allow them to charge?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is with Best Western. Under the 'Behaviour' section it states that :
When you book with us , you accept responsibility for any damage or loss caused by you or any member of your party.I genuinely don't feel that there was a lot of fluid on the bed and that they are charging a disproportionate level of damages even if the mattress was wet.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Do you want me to call you?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes thanks Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If you're unable to talk now would 3pm be ok for you? Thanks Paul
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you please let me know when you will be able to call me and discuss my query? Will £36 be debited from my account before I speak to you?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Can you talk now?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Calling now.