Alice H, Solicitor/Partner
Experience:  Partner in national law firm
30932268

HelloI just bought a car last week and there is a problem

Customer Question

hello
I just bought a car last week and there is a problem with it what regress have I got
Expert:  Alice H replied 2 years ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today.
Expert:  Alice H replied 2 years ago.
Is the car brand new? What exactly is the problem?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
no the car is 2 years old. still under warranty. I bought it from stoneacre in Blackburn. they are telling me that it is my responsibility to take it to seat. to get it fixed.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
and they cant lend me a car in the mean time. sorry there is none left ???
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
sorry. the car is using water or leaking water
Expert:  Alice H replied 2 years ago.
The car dealer has the responsibility of putting this right for you. You can tell them “Under the Sale of Goods Act 1979, this car should be of a satisfactory quality, fit for purpose and as described. My rights have been breached because the car you sold me is faulty. I would like you to put this right by giving me a refund/repairing the car at your cost.” If they it should be done under warranty then it's their job to arrange it not the manufacturer. They are not legally obliged to give you a courtesy car but if you incur expenses as a result of delays in repairing the car then you can ask them to reimburse you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
thanks alice. will do that. cheers
Expert:  Alice H replied 2 years ago.

Good luck. Remember it's the sellers job to put things right not the manufacturer.