How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Buachaill Your Own Question
Buachaill, Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10537
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Buachaill is online now

I'm Vittoria, I would like some advice about marriage

Resolved Question:

Hello, I'm Vittoria, I would like some advice about marriage visa. I've given notice of marriage at my council and I and my partner would like to get married in the uk. I'm an Italian national living in uk and my partner is a ghan***** *****ving in Italy. We though of marrying in Italy but the requirements that the council in Italy ask from my partner take a long time to get and arrive from ghana.
Whiles in the uk the requirements are quite straight forward.
So I would like to know which visa is the best to go for, considering that my partner and I want to remain living in the UK. Thanks
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.
1. I would advise you to apply for a EEA Family Permit in the UK if yourself and your Ghanain husband wish to live in the UK. This ensures that no issue arises should he then wish to work in the UK. Additionally, as you are resident and living in the UK and wish to live here, it is better than you make the application in the UK. Additionally, Ghana was an old British colony, known as Gold Coast and only gots its independence from the UK in 1957. So, the UK Border Agency is accustomed to dealing with people from Ghana, as many live in the UK and they share the same language. So I would suggest that you will find getting a EEA Family permit or Spousal visa easier for your future husband in the UK.
Buachaill and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.
2. You can apply immediately for a FLR(M) visa in the UK as you are considering marrying. Marriage is not a pre-requisite to get a visa. Here is a link to the form you fill in and here is a link to the guide to filling in the form
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ok. I read through the requirements and my yearly income is 18315, whiles they're asking for 18600 on the form. Also my partner is living in Italy now, so which of the visa's is the does he have to apply for? I have already given notice of marriage here in uk so the home office is aware. Does he have to go for the marriage visa or the fiancee visa? And can he apply for stay whiles he is still here and the visa hasn't expired?

lastly could you offer your services for the whole application, if yeswhat are the fees? Thanks