12826847

Brought a used motorhome from a used motorhome dealer paid

Customer Question

brought a used motorhome from a used motorhome dealer paid 16000 for it but found the van to big I only had it a few wks went back to them they let me change it to another motorhome I lost 3000 on the change I went from a r reg to a p reg igot the 2 vav june 13 2015 the head gasket went and fuel pump to on august12 it brokedown in bennevis Scotland took us 2days 2 get back home it took from 17-08-15 til 4-9-15 to repair it try again to go to Scotland on 8-9-15 it broke down again on 10-9-15 less then 2days again took 2days 2 get home.pick up the motorhome from the garage where it was repair on 28-9-15 went away with the van the next day 29-9-15 again rang the garage that day oil all over the engaine and problems again with this van.van now in for repair again the 3time.it came with 3months warrtine but would like my money back
Has it been in three times for the same fault?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
hello it went in for head gasket first then it had oil in the header tank which is used for topping up the rad, which we thought was the head .gone again .the third time we had to keep filling up each day with oil as told by the garage to do which now they have the van back to repair again we have told them we don't want the van as its fit for the purpas as bought for we want to have are full refund of money returned to us we want to know where we stand on this as we got to meet them on wensday when he is back from hoilday
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ref the above yes in one way as oil always show up in the header tank which keeps rad toped up ...
Were all repairs done by this garage?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes it was this garage does all the work for this dealership when we took it in the last time he did not know why this was doing this he had no clue
Ok. How much did you pay and how old is it?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
we only paid for cambelt work on van was done under the warrenty .we paid £16,000 for first van which was a swift kontiki R REG 1998 ....and after afew weeks we swooped van to P REG 1997 on which we lost £3000.this is the van that we have all the problemes with.
Ok. So how much did you pay for the second van?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
HELLO already told you this paid 16000 for first one and took alost of 3000 WHICH MEANS 13000 WE ALREADY SAID THIS PLEASE CAN YOU TELL US IF WE CAN OUR NOT GET THE MONEY BACK THANK YOU
As you are displeased I will opt out.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP GOT NO FURTHER FORWARD WITH THIS MATTER AND NO ANSWERS AND A WASTE OF MY MONEY AS YOU DID NOT GIVE ANY HELPFUL INFORMATION TO WARDS WHERE WE STAND IN GETTING ARE MONEY BACK . I WILL BE ASKING FOR A REFUND OF MY £56,00 FOR WHAT IPAID TO GET ANSWER FROM AND HAVE NOT THANKS