How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 11564
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

We have taken over an art shop which runs art courses. Every

Resolved Question:

We have taken over an art shop which runs art courses. Every Saturday for the past 20 years, the previous owner has run a children's art course which lasts for 2 hours for 6 weeks (children aged 7 - 14). I am aware that I will need a DBS check to teach this class, but will I need to register with Ofsted? I know an 'out of school club' would need to do this, but I am not sure if short courses would attract the same regulations.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
Your classes are two hours and so are exempt from registration.
See the following helpful link:
Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
JGM and other Law Specialists are ready to help you