75100385

On August 23rd.I received a letter from the Valuation Office

On August 23rd.I received a letter from the Valuation Office Agency telling me,the banding plusof my property is wrong.High Wycombe Council credited my account by £4524.62.I requested the Council for a refund plus the interest of £4061.15 I have lost during the past 22 1/2 years.Unfortunately the Council is not willing to return this money to me.Can you give me please some advice
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
You would not be entitled to interest over 22.5 years as under the Limitation Act 1980 claims are limited to the last 6 years.
You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk  or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.
The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.