75100385

If a teacher is alleged to have committed an offence against

If a teacher is alleged to have committed an offence against a child, is he entitled to know what the charge is, either before or after any police investigation?
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
-Could you explain your situation a little more?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I know nothing more. An allegation has been made but there is no information about what it is.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I know nothing more. An allegation has been made but the person concerned does not know what it is.
Are the Police investigating do you know at this stage?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes. I believe so.
Ok. It really depends. The first you may know about the substance is if they come and speak to you. Until that happens you dont have a right to know, because they may investigate, consider there are no founded allegations and take no further action.
But at this stage you are not a suspect as you have not been spoken to. If you become a suspect you will have a right to know what it is alleged that you have done.