31090051

I was out with friends from work on Friday evening. Two of

I was out with friends from work on Friday evening. Two of the friends D and C are a couple who live together. Recently C had an affair with someone at work 'O'. O turned up with her sister A. As soon as they arrived to could tell D was very upset and aggrevated. I ask O if she thought she should as she could see D was very upset with her being there. I was told to mind my own business. I walked away. 10 minutes I hear a loud screen and D is walking over to A. A had shouted something at D which made D scream and walk up to her. An arguement ensure and some of us tried to pull D away but we ended up getting in the cross Fire/argument. I ended up being pushed by someone and fell over. C managed to get D outside and we were trying to get her in the car but she wasn't having any of it she wanted to carry on. I wasn't willing to be involved anymore so I left and went home. I have been told that after I left the police were called as D was still very angry, but no charges or cautions were made.
My question is as I was involved in the incident albeit it was trying to defuse the situation. Can work say anything to be? Can I be dismissed for being involved in an argument with work colleagues?
I've since found out that isn't the first time this has happened and work have said nothing out of work is dealt with by them.
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
I think your work should be grateful to you. You tried to help, your help was ignored and you went home. In no way could you face any disciplinary issue at all, let alone dismissal. You should not be concerned about this.
Happy to discuss further.
Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Even though I got caught up in the argument - everyone involved was exchanging bad language/shouting when D went for the girl. Could the girl D was arguing say that I was being aggressive and try and get me fired. To be honest all parties were getting very heated but myself and D's boyfriend did try to get her out of the situation but she wouldnt listen so that's why I had enough of it all, she wouldn't listen to my advice so I left.
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
No, I think that bad language is an aside to these types of incident. You tried to help and realised you couldn't and left. I really don't think you should be worried about this. You have to ask the question: did your conduct amount to gross misconduct from an employment law point of view? The answer to that has to be no.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I suppose like you say the girl called out to D which initated the argument. Even though cross words etc were exchanged I was not the instigator. My actions weren't great I realise that but the reason I intevened was I trying to protect D and get her out of a situation which looked like it could get bad.
Should I mention it to my HR Director tomorrow or as it was outside leave it?
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
No, you don't say anything unless it is raised.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your advice. Has stopped me worrying about going to work
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
You're welcome. Don't forget to leave a positive rating so that I'm credited for my time.
Experience: 30 years as a practising solicitor.