Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Lawyer
Experience:  Over 25 years experience in law
27487359

My neighbour is refusing to put up a Fence between us that

Customer Question

My neighbour is refusing to put up a Fence between us that has blown down. someone as given me a very good price and even though the Neighbour says that the Fence belongs to her I have offered to go halves, she is still not doing anything. What is more important is the Bungalow is up for Rent and is a disgrace. I really would like this resolved now but she will not talk to me. Please can you help? Pam Moore
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 2 years ago.
The difficulty you have in this situation is that the law can not make someone put up a fence on their land if they refuse to do so. What you would have to do is actually put up a fence on your side of the boundary to tidy the situation up. Happy to discuss. Please rate positive
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

This is not fair has they are gaining something to improve their Property but not paying anything towards it. There must be something I can do.

I absolutely agree that it is not fair - but sadly that is the position of the law in such matters. You can write to them and stress that they should be putting up a fence but in law you can not make them do it. Happy to discuss. Please rate positive.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I wish to stop my card payment from my bank account, I will go to my Bank and ask them not to take it out anymore. Did not know it was monthly and I have not agreed in writing to continue. thanks Pam Moore