Madam Please can you advise if I work local

Dear sir/madam
Please can you advise if I work for a local authority and a department within that local authority has given a council tenant information about my address being flagged. Can I sue for damage to my reputation.
If the council tenant has then put in a signed witness statement false information which has caused me to go through a six month disciplinary hearing which is still ongoing, can I sue the council tenant for damages?
I would appreciate any help as no one can advise me on what I should do and due to my son's information has also be given out to other teams in my department no one wants to work with me.
Your sincerely
Suzanne hughes
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
What loss have you suffered please for someone saying your address is flagged?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Dear alex

Due to information given to council tenant which is also my husband's ex partner and mother to his two children. Me and my husband have been refused contact with both children which has caused my husband considerable stress and depression.

My step daughter called me at work regarding a recharge late 2014 which was raised in my team. I did not know she was a council tenant and gave me her address details in that conversation.

This year both children were classed as adults and as my husband is disabled now, I tried to contact children to let them know of his illness by letter. I them heard from college that my name was mentioned in sociL services meeting and do I know her. When she gave name I knew it was step daughter so I gave my home number to colleague advising if she does need me to call my number.

I then received a phone call from a domestic violence officer a couple of weeks later requesting I try to contact the step daughter as they were concerned for her safety. They gave me a mobile number for my step daughter and I sent a couple of text messages requesting step daughter contact her farther. A few week later I was advised a complaint had been

made against me by my husband ex who is the council tenant saying

that I got her contact details from the work computer database and that I called the police to my husbands ex partners address.

we have lost precious time getting to know my step children and now years later I Am finding husbands ex partner is trying to get me fired and using my son as reason why no contact should be allowed. the information has been given out and other teams in my department have been told to stay away from me which has damaged my reputation.

kind regards

Suzanne HughesHughes

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Ok. In order to sue you would have to show 'serious harm'. Even once you have this then that is just the start as proceedings would have to be brought in the High Court. You will need specialist legal advisers for this as they are complicated. You are looking at around £10,000 or so to take it to trial and if you lose you risk also paying the costs of the other side.
Sadly the law recently changed and introduced serious harm. Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Dear Alex

thank you for your reply. please can you advise how I can pursue the council tenant for false complaint?

suzanne Hughes

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
You need to write and set out your losses and request compensation within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
If they do not compendate you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at:  or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.
The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?
If you have not done so already might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.
If you need more help please click reply.