How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 70180
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

My ex partner is taking our little girl to stay overnight at

Resolved Question:

My ex partner is taking our little girl to stay overnight at his partners house against my wishes. Where do I stand with this?

Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
I'm afraid you cannot prevent him doing this. If this is a long standing relationship the court would want him to introduce her to his partner and there is no reason to this she is at risk there so there would be no objection to overnight stay if he has overnight contact anyway. I'm afriad that if a court order has been secured by him, your wishes are no longer the concern. The issue is the welfare of your daughter and the court would be of the view that is improved by contact with her father and engagement with his partner and his family. Can I clarify anything for you?
Jo C. and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Can I refere it back to court to state that my daughter is to only stay @ his house when he has contact?? Baring in mind I do not no this partner nor do I no where she lives? Thank you

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
You can always go back to court but they are not going to restrict this just because you don't like it Im afraid. He is under no obligation to allow you to meet her or disclose her address.
If this hadn't gone to court order you may have had more control but I'm afraid the downside of court orders is that all control is lost. It comes down to the court who will not be interested in your feelings.
The welfare of your daughter is the concern.